Styrene Butadiene Rubber for Repair & Waterproofing
GLOBCON ULTRA SBR is a modified styrene butadiene rubber to be used as bonding agent in liquid consistency. For modifying and improving bonding of floor toppings, renderings and mortars. It is used for repair of spalled concrete - floors, columns, beams, chhajas, slabs & waterproofing of toilets & bathrooms, small terraces etc.
As it bonds strongly to old & new concrete and to plasters, It reduces shrinkage and prevents cracking. Recommendation for Waterproofing, Concrete Repair, Bond Coat, Floor Screed, Renders (Plasters) etc.
|Appearance||Milky White Liquid|
|pH Value||7.8 - 9|
|Solid Content||44 ± 1|
|Specific Gravity||1.01 ± 0.02|
|Packaging||1, 5, 20, 50, 200 litre containers|
|Shelf Life & Storage||Best before one year from the date manufacture when in sealed pack and stored under proper condition.|
|Recommendation||For Waterproofing, Concrete Repair, Bond Coat, Floor Screed, Renders (Plasters).|
INSTRUCTION FOR USE
- A forced action mixer is essential (PAN Mixer) & recommended to ensure that GLOBCON ULTRA SBR mortar is thoroughly mixed.Use a suitable sized drum with heavy-duty electrical drill machine fitted with spiral paddle mixer at slow speed of 400-500 rpm.
- Hand mixing is permissible only for 25 kg or less quantity.
- Charge the mixer with required quantity of clean & dry sand (or coarse aggregates as needed), cement & mix for 1-2 minutes, then add the recommended dosage of GLOBCON ULTRA SBR dispensed in water which is pre-batched. Mix for 2-3 minutes to avoid air entrapment. Keep on slowly adding water until the required consistency is achieved.
- For Waterproofing Coating Mix ULTRA SBR in ratio of 1:1.5 (ULTRA SBR : Cement).
- In order to obtain a smooth consistency cement should be blended slowly in to the liquid.
- Brush apply the first coat in a single direction.
- Brush Apply second coat of the mix in span 4-6 hours of on the prepared concrete substrate ap per the ratio of 1:1.5 (ULTRA SBR : Cement).
- Second coat will be in opposite direction to the first coat at 90°.
- Min 2 coats required for general purpose.
- Mix ULTRA SBR in proportion as follows mix design.
- Portland Cement 50 kg, Sand 150 kg, ULTRA SBR 6-10 Ltr, Water 10-11 ltr.
- Mortar consistency 5 to 25 mm thickness.
- Concrete substrate should be clean & dampened with water.
- Corrosive area should be remove before applying bond coat.
- For bonding primer coat mix ULTRA SBR in ratio of 1:1 (ULTRA SBR: Cement)
- Overlay the repair mortar when the bond coat is sticky.
- Suitable mix ratio for screed & render as follows.
- Mix design – Portland cement 50 kg, Graded & washed sand – 75 kg, coarse aggregates 6mm down size – 75 kg, ULTRA SBR 6 to 8 Ltr, water 8-12 ltr.
- 10-40 mm thickness consistency.
- Mix ULTRA SBR in proportion of 50 kg cement, sand - 150 kg, ULTRA SBR 6-7 litres, water 8-10 litres.